BLOG, FASHION WIKI
You Will Change Your Bad Habit of Wearing Socks After Reading This Article.
Can’t sleep, cold feet
Your restless evenings could be caused by cold feet. When your feet are chilly, the blood arteries tighten, causing less blood to circulate. Warming your feet before going to bed, according to the National Sleep Foundation, helps send a clear sleep signal to your brain that it’s time to sleep. And what is the simplest technique to warm your feet? Socks. Socks in bed are the most secure way to keep your feet warm overnight. Other options, such as rice socks, a hot water bottle, or a heating blanket, may overheat or burn you. Wearing socks at night provides benefits other than sleep. Continue reading with Teeanime to find out how this new habit could alter your life.
Why you should sleep with socks on
- Other than helping your body stay warm, wearing socks at night also has extra benefits:
- Some women find that wearing socks helps cool their core body temperature and stops them from having hot flashes.
- Cracked heels can be fixed by putting on cotton socks after moisturizing. This will keep your feet from drying out.
- Increase the chance of having an orgasm: According to the BBC, researchers accidentally found that wearing socks made it 30% easier for people to have an orgasm.
- Reduce the chance of a Raynaud’s attack: Raynaud’s disease is when parts of the skin, usually the toes and fingers, lose circulation and start to hurt or swell. By keeping your feet warm and the blood flowing, socks can help prevent an attack.
What socks to wear
The best socks are made from natural, soft fibers like merino wool or cashmere. Most of the time, they cost more than socks made of cotton or man-made fibers, but the extra money is well worth it. Make sure the socks you choose are not too tight, which could cut off your circulation and keep your feet from getting warm.
To enhance circulation
- Before you go to bed, rub your feet.
- Add something like capsaicin cream, which is a natural blood flow booster, to your massage oil or favorite moisturizer. This makes the blood flow go even faster.
- Before putting on your socks, you can sit on them or use a hair dryer to warm them up.
The only bad thing about wearing socks to bed is that you might get too hot. If you get too hot, take off your socks or leave your feet out from under the blanket.
What about compression socks?
Unless advised by your doctor, avoid wearing compression socks at night. They are not intended to be worn to bed, despite the fact that they are known to promote circulation by increasing blood flow. Compression socks divert blood away from your feet and may obstruct blood flow when you lie down.
How to make your own rice socks
If a hot bath or foot bath is not available, or if you like having a longer lasting heat source in your bed, you can try using rice socks. You will need:
- sturdy socks
- rubber bands
- Pour 3 cups of rice into each sock.
- Close the sock with a sturdy rubber band.
- Heat up the rice socks in the microwave oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slip them under the blankets next to your chilly feet.
Things to avoid
- Don’t put the rice socks in the oven to warm them up because that could cause a fire.
- If you have less sensitive skin, don’t use it because you could get burned.
- Do not use on children or older people unless you can watch them to keep them from getting burned.
Other ways to keep your feet warm
Warm foot baths were reported to help reduce sleeplessness and exhaustion in chemotherapy patients. Taking a hot bath or just a foot bath before bedtime elevates body warmth and can help you fall asleep more easily. Warm baths are another natural option that is easily accessible and does not require any medicine.
If your feet are always cold, poor circulation may be to blame. If you have major circulation difficulties or chronic conditions such as diabetes, consult your doctor.
Can children and infants sleep with socks on?
Electric blankets and heat socks should be avoided for newborns and children. A pleasant warm bath as part of their bedtime routine, followed by wrapping their feet in pre-warmed socks, is the safest way to encourage sleep.
If you decide to use a hot water bottle, make sure the temperature is safe and wrap it in a soft cotton blanket to prevent direct contact between the bottle and your skin.
Always keep an eye out for symptoms of:
- red flushed cheeks
- crying and fidgeting
Remove any additional layers of clothing or blankets as soon as you see these indicators.
The bottom line
Warming up your feet before going to bed can help you relax and fall asleep faster. This can improve the quality of your sleep. Wear socks that are soft, comfy, and not too bulky. Consult a doctor if you have circulation problems that cause pain and chilly feet, or if you frequently experience cold feet even when the weather is warm.