BLOG, FASHION TIPS
Missing Socks: 5 Surefire Methods to Prevent Future Loss
When we do laundry, there is a never-ending cycle that occurs. Load after load, day after day, week after week. It does not come to an end. And, if you’re anything like many of us, you’re well aware of the never-ending cycle of socks that go missing that goes hand in hand with the never-ending cycle of laundry.
While some may assume it’s no big deal because it’s only a sock. Others will go to great lengths, even if it means sacrificing sleep, to find the perfect match for the missing sock. It appears to be less about the sock and more about the point of misplacing such sock. You’re confident two socks went in the laundry; why did only one come out? Do you know someone like this?
People have created interesting signage for their laundry rooms over the years that say things like:
- Single, Seeking Mate
- Lost Socks
- Single and Looking
- Seeking Sole Mates
- Sock Monster Bait
- Department of Missing Socks … No sock left behind
- Just Hanging Out, Waiting for My Mate
5 Tips to Never Lose Your Socks Again
5 Sure Ways to Never lose your socks again
- Pin socks together to save time folding them. They’ve already started dating. You only remove the pin from your socks long enough to put them on. Even so, you can leave the pin in one of the socks to avoid losing it. (This is something my grandmother used to do, and she never lost her socks.)
- Socks should be placed inside a laundry washing bag. Such as this mesh washing bag.
- It’s like doing a load of laundry just for your undies. Take a look at nothing but socks.
- As soon as you fold that load of laundry, match your socks. This is by far the simplest task. It is also an excellent activity for small children.
- Alternatively, simply do not wear them.
We’re waging an age-old war when it comes to losing a buddy to socks. And I believe it is past time for us to quit wasting our valuable time looking for socks. Who’s on my side? Who is willing to quit not only losing socks, but also wasting time looking for them?
This is where we keep our misplaced socks while they wait for their mates to return. In our laundry area, this little wash basket stands on top of the counter. It’s cute and only a dollar at the dollar store.
Matching your socks is an excellent place to start if you’re searching for methods to save time in the morning. Here’s a post about how to save at least 5 minutes every morning.
Where is the craziest spot you’ve found a missing sock’s mate? Please let me know by leaving a comment. I’d want to know more about it.