BLOG, FASHION TIPS
Custom Shoes : Customize Your Own Shoes at Home – How To Start Customizing Shoes
Creating and painting your own custom shoes is a fun way to use your artistic skills and make clothes that fit your style. But if you have never tried to customize a pair of sneakers before, you might be afraid of ruining them.
If you know what materials you need to get started and how to do some basic prep work and painting, you can jump right in and not worry about making mistakes.
Here’s what you need to know to start making your own custom sneakers.
What Materials Do I Need?
To begin, gather the necessary materials; it is not as simple as simply grabbing some paint and brushes. You will also require the proper tools to prepare and safeguard the shoe.
- Paintbrushes: A good set of paintbrushes is essential for generating crisp customs with few brushstrokes. Detail brushes are essential for working on fine details.
- Heat Gun: A heat gun will aid in the speedy drying of paint layers, and heat setting is necessary when working with 2-Soft on soft surfaces.
- Paint: When worn, low-quality paint frequently crumbles and peels. High-quality acrylic paint will attach to your shoes strongly and last considerably longer.
- Angelus 2-Soft: When painting on soft surfaces such as mesh or canvas, Angelus 2-Soft will help the paint adhere and remain flexible.
- Cleaner: You’ll need a brush and shoe cleaner to keep your paint finish clean and preserved over time. Otherwise, dirt and grime will cause your paint to chip and peel over time.
- Tape: The simplest technique to keep paint from spreading to undesired regions of your shoes is to use masking tape to split off specific areas of your shoes.
- Prep is the first stage in customizing any shoe, and Leather Preparer & Deglazer will help paint adhere by removing the shoe’s factory finish.
- Water & Stain Repellent: When applied properly, Water & Stain Repellent creates an invisible protective coating that repels water and stains, keeping shoes clean and dry.
- Acrylic Finisher: After your custom paint job is completed, acrylic finisher provides a clean finish and protective layer.
After you’ve gathered your resources, it’s time to learn how to use them. You can personalize more than just your sneakers.
Custom Sneaker Tutorials
The best method to learn a new talent is to observe those who have already mastered it. We collaborate with a variety of well-known sneaker artists to offer tutorials on everything from cleaning your sneakers to creating sophisticated effects.
Check out some of the most important tutorials for beginners below.
Learn the basics
If you’ve never painted custom shoes before, these courses will teach you the fundamentals to get you started.
Learn new techniques
After you’ve mastered the fundamentals, you may use some of these courses to learn more advanced techniques for creating one-of-a-kind patterns.
You can check out our new Dragon Ball Shoes collection here.>>